The municipality of Sonaguera, Colón, is characterized by being the largest producer of oranges in Honduras.
– We have several orange farms located along the Aguán River Valley (La Consentida, El Briche, San Juan).
– We buy oranges from more than 2,000 Citrus growers.
– We have 800 hectares of our own farms sown.
– Each year we process 70,000 MT of orange in fruit.
– 20,000 MT come from our own farms.
– 50,000 MT are acquired from Citrus growers in the Aguán Valley.
– We produce 2,400 MT of concentrated orange juice for consumption in the local market and for export.